This past Friday I had the privilege of turning 32. I have never been one to dread my birthdays or worry about getting old, to me it has always been a good thing. This year like every other year a sigh of relief was heard. “Thank goodness I Made it another year!” This will be the first year that I have been somewhat maintaining a blog and I am excited to start a new birthday tradition. Each year I will post my highlights and this year seemed like a great year to start since it has been such a monumental year! These highlights aren’t just what I would think of for typical yearly highlights, these are LIFE HIGHLIGHTS! So here’s my list, in no particular order… (With the exception of #1 of course)
- My Wedding Day
- Ate THE BEST oysters with my husband on our own private balcony overlooking the Vegas strip.
- Took a helicopter tour of The Grand Canyon and was moved to tears by nature for the first time in my life.
- Did a bar crawl in San Francisco.
- Took a cruise down the PCH in a Mustang convertible, top down THE ENTIRE TIME!
- Moved to tears once again by the mountains of Carmel.
- Had a Nerd Bachelorette party.
- Shot my FIRST newborn session.
- Had dinner at The Precinct with 3 generations of Ernst’s.
- Started Project Life.
- Had a blog post shared for the first time ever, thanks to Juliechats.blogspot.com with Whimzee’s Scrapbook Studio who shared my “Deep Thoughts of a Rookie Project Lifer” on the stores’ Facebook page.
- Completed (not ran, but… completed) my first 8k.
- Celebrated Gasparilla for the last time at my bestfriend’s house on Davis Island… Bittersweet.
- Set up my first Photobooth for my mom’s 60th birthday.
- Learned the basics of Photoshop.
- Made a book filled with 60 years worth of memories with my sister to give to my mom.
- Saw the fountain show at The Belagio.
- Drove across The Golden Gate Bridge and took a picture with my husband at the lookout point.
- Learned how to sew… on paper… (kind of…LOL)
- Went to the top of the Carew Tower in Cincinnati, Ohio with my husband.
- Completed my first SMASHBOOK (it took about ten months).
- Reached 1427 followers on Instagram.
- Inspired a friend to SMASHbook.
- Inspired 3 friends to consider starting their own Project Life projects.
- Won a 5 month war with the rats that were trying to take over our 100 year old rented Bungalow.
- Went to my first music festival, The Hangout.
- Did my first glow run 5k.
- Created an awesome amount of crafts for my DIY wedding, including a backdrop, cornhole set and more.
- Did Deal’s Gap with The Don in the QX4, it’s no Supra, but it did alright.
- Attended the most concerts in one year that I ever have in all my years of living!
- Rode on a streetcar in SanFran.
- Reached 3,557 view on thejensspin.com
Thirty two, you have been spectacular. Thirty three, let’s see if we can top it. Remember:
“For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination.”
My favorite quote keeps me grounded and grateful that each day comes and goes and that I am surrounded by love, family and friendship. My heart is full and my eyes are open. Happy Birthday to me.